13 Things I Like About Living in Dubai
1. Weather is perfect just now – great tanning weather and comfortable outdoor dining temperature.
2. Shawarmas off the street for only 3.50 Dirhams (that’s 95 cents!).
3. Freshly squeezed mango juice easily accessible at street stands and so yummy.
4. Visiting the spice market and trying to identify which spice is what. Getting better and better at it every time.
5. Easily accessible and an incredibly wide variety of ingredients at any grocery store for proper cooking of Indian recipes.
6. Being able to go scuba diving at any time of the year (granted, with a 5 mil wet suit during the “winter”).
7. Frequent sightings of real camels – sometimes even on the beach in front of my apartment!
8. Trying to get a photo of every camel statue I see.
9. Hoopoe sightings in our general vicinity – such cool birds!
10. Being only a short 4 hours away from Seychelles and Maldives. (Can’t wait to go to the Maldives!)
11. The smell of shisha wafting in and around outdoor venues.
12. Being able to wear flip flops EVERY DAY and EVERY WHERE.
13. Stunning sunsets in the desert.