4 months since my last post – wow – I am such a bad blogger. I could tell you how I was busy with work, friends, family, etc but the truth is…that…I…just…didn’t…feel…like…writing. Could this be writer’s block? No, because writer’s block is where I sit in front of a laptop with a blinking cursor staring back at me but I didn’t even go as far as to open up my WordPress admin site to even see a cursor.
So, there you have it. Confessions of a non-blogaholic.
But if I WERE to have blogged, I would have blogged the following. And excuse the lack of photos b/c photo editing and uploading would mean that this post would never get out:
- Feb – Scotch’s company had its first round of layoffs (or “redundancies” as it’s called here) and luckily for us, Scotch’s name was not on “THE LIST.” We did lose about 100 colleagues in the process although the exact number was not released by the company.
- early March – Scotch’s company had its second round of layoffs, er redundancies (still trying to get used to that word) which affected my business unit (yes, we work for the same company) and luckily I was also not on “THE LIST” but sadly another 100 or so colleagues were let go.
- mid March – I celebrated my 32nd birthday and blew more money at Atlantis (all alcohol!) than I make in 2 months. But it was so worth it 🙂
- late March – had a lovely long-weekend trip to Muscat where we met up with some old friends. Pictures (hopefully) to come soon.
- Apr – I started Level 3 of Arabic class which went well. Level 1 was all oral and beginner’s stuff and Level 2 was learning how to read and write the alphabet. And now for Level 3, we focused on learning how to read and write all the oral stuff that we learned in Level 1.
- mid Apr – I peed on a stick. The stick conjured up a symbol. The symbol made me feel numb. Through my numbness I managed to call Scotch over to examine the symbol. The symbol’s message was clear – we would be expecting a new arrival come December. Scotch was overcome with joy and excitement. I still hate babies. It was definitely Clear. Blue. Easy.
- early May – Scotch and I visited the OB. I was prepared to pee in a cup or have my blood collected for b-a-b-y verification but instead she sticks me on the exam table and aims an ultrasound thing at me. We then saw our little blueberry (actual size) on the screen with its beating heart – it was the cutest thing ever. Still brings happy tears to my eyes just thinking of it. Maybe there’s hope for me. Maybe I won’t hate my own baby.
- mid May – Scotch and I finally bought own very own car after renting for the last 1.5 years. We have had a whole rainbow of Yarises – green, red, silver, powder blue, black. Goodbye Yaris, hello Landrover. I have to admit, the news of the b-a-b-y did spur us in this direction. I was prepared to wait until December but Scotch was anxious to ditch the rental and finally get the car he’d been dreaming of for years.
- June – I had my last day at work due to my 1-year contract being completed. I will not be pursuing further employment (at this time) as the b-a-b-y is due in December and I will be going home to NYC for July and August. Very much looking forward to being home for the first time in almost 2 years. Sadly sans husband as Scotch has to stay and work (hey, someone has to pay the bills).
So here we are – almost July, unemployed, and p-r-e-g-n-a-n-t (I hate that word). I can’t promise that this won’t turn into some kind of baby blog b/c there seems to be some kind of weird phenomenon that happens where pregnant people/moms tend to talk about their experience and their child all the time.
Khalas! And here lyeth my blog updated.